Prizes will be awarded in several categories. In addition, one grand prize over all entries will be awarded. A reception will be held in honor of our young poets on Saturday, April 23, at 10:00 am. Questions can be made to email@example.com Teachers are requested to provide an email address.
- Entries must be submitted on paper no larger than 12 x 12”
- Artwork is acceptable and encouraged, but must not make the storable entry size larger than 12 x 12”, nor thicker than 1/8”
- Poems must be original by the author
- All kids ages 4 - 18 are eligible to enter – preschoolers may quote their poem to another person to write down for them
- One poem per person may be entered
- Name of the author should appear on the front
- Name, age, school, grade, teacher’s name, and an email address to contact either teacher, student or parent, must be legibly entered on the back of the poem
- Electronic entries should have the above information on a separate page rather than on the back
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions
- Poem must be no longer than 20 lines long. This year, only rhyming poetry will be considered for prizes, with the exception of preschoolers’ entries.
- Entries must be received at The Booksellers at Laurelwood, 387 Perkins Road, Ext., Memphis TN 38117 no later than close of business day (9:00 p.m.), Friday, April 15.
Entries will be judged by Booksellers staff and all results are final. Entries will be available to be picked up for three weeks after the end of April. Entries will not be returned by mail except under special circumstances, e.g., out of state entries.