Annual Poetry Contest 2015
- Entries must be submitted on paper no larger than 8 ½ x 11”
- Artwork is acceptable and encouraged, but must not make the storable entry size larger than 8 ½ x 11”, nor thicker than 1/8”
- Poems must be original by the author
- All kids ages 2 - 18 are eligible to enter – preschoolers may quote their poem to another person to write down for them
- One poem per person may be entered
- Name of the author should appear on the front
- Name, age, school, grade, and teacher’s name, if applicable, must be legibly entered on the back of the poem
- An email address must be attached to each poem so that entrants may be notified of honors.
- Poem must be no longer than 20 lines long. It can be in any style, rhyming or not, free verse is acceptable
Entries must be received at The Booksellers at Laurelwood, 387 Perkins Road Ext., Memphis TN 38117 no later than close of business day (10:00 p.m.), Friday, April 17
This year’s theme is
Inspired by Jacqueline Woodson’s
Brown Girl Dreaming
Prizes will be awarded in several categories. In addition, one grand prize over all entries will be awarded. A reception will be held in honor of our young poets on Saturday, April 25.
Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org